Here are some tips
1. Get estimates from a reliable repairperson on items that need to be replaced soon, a roof or worn carpeting, for example. In this way, buyers will have a better sense of how much these needed repairs will affect their costs.
2. Have a termite inspection to prove to buyers that the property is not infested.
3. Get a pre-sale home inspection so you’ll be able to make repairs before buyers become concerned and cancel a contract.
4. Gather together warranties and guarantees on the furnace, appliances, and other items that will remain with the house.
5. Fill out a disclosure form provided by your sales associate. Take the time to be sure that you don’t forget problems, however minor, that might create liability for you after the sale.
Reprinted from REALTOR Magazine Online by permission of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS
Copyright 2005. All rights reserved. www.REALTOR.org/realtormag
Welcome to My Blog!
I have been a resident of the Fox Cities for over 35 years. I was raised in the area and now my wife and I choose to raise our 4 girls here because of the great place it is to live. Being a real estate professional starts with a passion to want to assist other people get what they are looking for. My main focus is on listening to people so I can learn what is most important to them. When a customer closes on their new property it is the start of a life long relationship. It is my goal that people are so delighted with their experience that there is no doubt that not only will they return, but they will also refer their family and friends. As a member of the Werth team our focus on delighting customers has made us the #1 RE/MAX team north of Milwaukee!